Udai Yadla is a passionate author and poet. Mechanical engineer by education, Software engineer by profession, Writer by passion. Owing to his job, he travelled to various cities, socialising with people of different cultures. He cultivated interest in learning more about people, which perhaps enticed him into the study of human psychology. His interest in psychology is evident in his writings.
A Walk In The Rain is his first book. He has been nominated for Forbes India Celebrity 100 List. He is the most sought after author among a young breed of authors. He is currently working on his next novel, which is a psychological thriller. Welcome to the blog, Udai.
- When did you decide to become a writer? Why do you write?
Writing was always on my mind. I had been writing since my childhood in various respects. I write because it makes my life complete.
- Give us three Good to Know facts about you. Be creative.
Owing to my hectic day job the completion of the book took three years. And until the book got published, none of my family or friends knew that I was writing. It was an unbelievable surprise for them.
I usually talk less think more.
Failures don’t deter me; it only inspires me to try harder.
- The cover is worth a thousand words, how much of the cover designs for the books did you choose or were they designed by someone else?
I’m so particular about the cover page because that creates the first impression and the first impression is the best impression. The idea for the cover page was mine, but a friend of mine designed the cover page.
- Which writers inspire you and why? What is your favorite book and why?
I’m always a great fan of Dan Brown. He is inspiring because his book is always a result of intense research. The book always reflects his passion and conviction. I might give you different answers for this question because I do not have any one book as a favourite. You can say that all the books of Dan Brown are my favourites.
- How important are names of the characters in your books? Do you choose the names etc based on liking the way it sounds or the meaning? Do you have any name choosing resources you recommend?
This might sound simple, but an interesting question. Choosing a name is an important part of the work. I search the internet and pick names based on the sound of the name and the picture that creates in my mind. I do not prefer uncommon names. I pick only names that we come across every day.
Thank you for this thoughtful insight into your life as a writer.
You can stalk him @