These past months have been crazy for all of us and I assure you I was no exception. It has been hard to feel focused and work on things that mean the world to me. Probably that the world has changed as I know it has had a deep, unsettling impact. Slowly, I am getting back to regular reading, writing, and book reviews. Here is a long-planned interview about an eclectic, spiritual thriller.
Please welcome the debut author Shivendra Kapoor to Eloquent Articulation for a round of Q&A about his book.
Answers & Beyond is about a “bothering question in your life and are desperately looking for an answer?”
It answers the ever-present question that what if we don’t pay attention to the clues and hints?
A thrilling mystery that will keep you glued to the book.
This post contains amazon affiliate links that support the blog at no extra cost to you.
Question: This book Answers & Beyond; what is different about this one that sets it apart from the others? What inspired this book?
Shivendra: Answers & Beyond is my own story as to how I searched and developed a unique method (described in simple language in the prologue section) to connect with my soul to find out the most bothering question of my life and the mysterious journey I travelled to find the answer to it. This book is for those who are really desperate to know the bothering question in their life. I have received numerous responses from readers that the method given in the prologue has really helped them connect with their soul and the experience they had was fantastic.
The book was written with the inspiration from an unknown soul (the ambers rising from that soul’s burning body had that spark to motivate me to write). Hence, there is a special page in the book dedicated only to this unknown soul.
Question: Clichéd but still; what is your advice to struggling writers who find it difficult to strike a balance between their love for writing and the daily grind putting up obstacles to their success?
- Procrastination – I will write this today, tomorrow, next week, Sunday morning, when my child is asleep, when I get my month’s salary, a little bit of more peace, when I take a day off, etc…(That fortunate day actually never comes)
- Being soaked in emotional sinusoids and constantly dreaming rather than writing and putting thoughts to paper.
- Being consumed by others’ comments that book writing is not easy and it doesn’t generate any income and that there are thousands of books published every year, so who would read your book?
- Not planning well, despite being aware of professional work requirements.
- Trying to work on multiple manuscripts due to variety of thoughts popping-up constantly while working on the main manuscript.
- Sometimes getting mixed-up with different styles of writing (like: using UK English and US English in different sections of the book).
- Sometimes being too harsh with oneself and sometimes very easy going- Consistency and focus is the key to success.
- Build your database of words, sentences, thoughts and whatever. I have done it for many years (I have a 300+ pages database) and here is a sample from my personal diary.
Question: Can you give one line to describe your book, Answers & Beyond?
Shivendra: Answers & Beyond is a true Spiritual Thrilling Mystery book.
Question: What inspires you to write and do you have a writing routine?
Shivendra: Nature, varied behaviour of humans and anything that touches me to the core of my being inspires me to write. Specially, the creative thought building process in me begins when I am on travel (my job involves a lot of travel). At times, I wonder how does observation triggers my writing process.
I don’t have a particular writing routine but I am a night person and when I am at home it’s only in silence that I ca write but when I am on travel, I can write even while standing in Mumbai local trains. I try to write atleast a sentence a day to keep the writing bug in me alive.
Question: Give us three “Good to Know” facts about you. Be creative.
- True Sagittarian- Keep on helping people
- Deep believer of Occult Sciences – Vedic Astrology, Palmistry, etc…
- A writer at heart who would like to stay and spend time in the hills.
Question: How long on average does it take you to write a book?
Shivendra: It took me 19 officially recorded revisions and around 4 years of staggered writing to complete my manuscript, hire a publisher and get it ready for release. Major thoughts, plot work, character thoughts, etc… were completed at airports, inside-aircrafts, railway stations, inside trains/metros, at the corner of roads, in some dense forests, etc…
Question: Do you read your book reviews? How do you deal with bad or good ones?
Shivendra: Yes. I do read my book reviews and surprisingly all book reviews till now on amazon are 5/5. I have received feedback from people that at times the story is difficult to digest that a person can go through such extreme journeys to know the answer to the most bothering question. I really have no answer to this as my life is full of twists and turns.
For them to know some more intense experiences, I send them a link to my online interview published on You tube.
Question: Where can readers find your books and connect with you?
Shivendra: ANSWERS & BEYOND is available as a paperback in Crosswords Book Stores across India and also via the following online links in India and Globally.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links.
In case you click on any of the links and make a purchase, I get a commission at no extra cost to you to help offset the cost to keep this website going.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
CONNECT WITH THE AUTHOR:
Email: [email protected]
Thank you for this interview Shivendra. I wish you all the best for your future books.
Don’t forget to grab your copy of the book, my readers. Stay tuned for more interviews, reviews, and book news.
If you would like to be featured for an Author Answers session on my blog, kindly email me at [email protected] with your book details and social media handles.