Our Mother Nature has made all possible methods for us to live a healthy life yet we humans find ways to upset the delicate natural balance. I share the story of a nature lover today who shares about supporting Mother Nature and making small changes in the way we handle dry leaves to make a big impact on the environment. In this edition of We Are the World Blogfest, I share with you the kindness a woman is showing to our planet, sharing about it and making methods to improve the process of compost and teaching others as well.
Not burning of leaves will not only save the atmosphere but all of us from smoke and poisonous gases while giving us excellent manure for our plants and gardens. I have talked about preserving nature here and with shopping bags here earlier as well.
“Left to itself, nature accomplishes everything at its own pace. All we need to do is create an atmosphere that does not harm its processes in any manner,” says Savita Hiremath, who has researched and documented 16 community composting methods, with 2-3 still pending. Community composting is the best way to ‘deal’ with dry leaves. Unlike burning, which leads to health hazards, composting safely decomposes the leaves, and the resulting compost is rich in nutrients, making the plants grown in it better for consumption.
Read here to know more about Savita and her various compost initiatives as well as an easy method for making your own compost.
Your cohosts for this month are: Shilpa Garg, Peter Nena, Andrea Michaels, Damyanti Biswas and me, Inderpreet Kaur Uppal.
Please link to them in your WATWB posts and go say hi!
Guidelines for #WATWB:
1. Keep your post to Below 500 words, as much as possible.
2. Link to a human news story on your blog, one that shows love, humanity, and brotherhood. Paste in an excerpt and tell us why it touched you. The Link is important, because it actually makes us look through news to find the positive ones to post.
3. No story is too big or small, as long as it Goes Beyond religion and politics, into the core of humanity.
4. Place the WE ARE THE WORLD badge or banner on your Post and your Sidebar. Some of you have already done so, this is just a gentle reminder for the others.
5. Help us spread the word on social media. Feel free to tweet, share using the #WATWB hastag to help us trend!
Tweets, Facebook shares, Pins, Instagram, G+ shares using the #WATWB hashtag through the month most welcome. We’ll try and follow and share all those who post on the #WATWB hashtag, and we encourage you to do the same.Have your followers click Here to enter their link and join us! Bigger the #WATWB group each month, more the joy!