Please welcome Ruchira for a little chat about her latest book VOYAGERS INTO THE UNKNOWN . It is a delightful book with the Taj Mahal as a background. I have been eagerly turning the pages as Raj is dishing out some awesome advice.
Welcome to the blog Ruchira.
- What is the message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?
Honestly speaking I wrote this book with a theme: ‘quest for happiness’ but lately, I am coming up with reviews where the reader has concluded something else. Thus, want to keep the discussion open since surprisingly this life is enchanting and alluring since we all perceive things differently.
- What kinds of books do you read? When you pick up books to read, what is your favorite genre?
I like contemporary stories; since, prefer to live in the present thus, can read any genre.
- If you could cast your characters in a Bollywood movie of your book, who would play your characters?
I am not a picky person on that aspect. Since Bollywood comprises of talented actors. As long as a producer has picked up my book and he and a director are doing the needful…I shall not interfere ☺
- What were the challenges (research, literary, psychological, and logistical) in bringing Voyagers Into The Unkown to life?
Researching about the city was not that bad. Thanks to Google I could find the necessary data. However, my biggest challenge was writing the dialogues between Raj and the distressed traveler since I did not want to sound preachy yet get the message across on a lighter note.
- Can you share a little of your current work with us? What are you working on now?
Currently working on another fictional novel that has a theme about culture and how it can keep us grounded especially in adversity. My work is in the preliminary stage where characters are still floating around thus, can’t share anything yet. Sorry!
Thank you for this chat, Ruchira. All the very best for your next book.