The We Are The World Blogfest WATWB has been featured every month on my blog since it’s inception and last year in January I had shared about the Wall of Kindness.
To begin the new year, this time I am sharing about the importance of a smile and how some corporates are making a change to help babies survive.
Yes, we all take a smile for granted but ask those little babies who are born with a cleft lip.
My post for WATWB is about “the flagship CSR programme of Muthoot Pappachan Foundation, ‘Smile Please’.
The big corporates have a CSR programme of MPF ‘Smile Please’, free surgery mission for cleft patients helping these children survive.
It is a free surgery mission partnership is being done in partnership with Mission Smile, an expert cleft care organisation.”
“Experts say in India, one out of 750 babies are born with this deformity and more than half of them fail to cross the first birthday, mainly because of malnutrition and inability of the poor parents to fund the surgeries.
Once again, here are the guidelines for #WATWB:
1. Keep your post to Below 500 words, as much as possible.
2. Link to a human news story on your blog, one that shows love, humanity, and brotherhood. Paste in an excerpt and tell us why it touched you. The Link is important because it actually makes us look through news to find the positive ones to post.
3. No story is too big or small, as long as it Goes Beyond religion and politics, into the core of humanity.
4. Place the WE ARE THE WORLD badge or banner on your Post and your Sidebar. Some of you have already done so, this is just a gentle reminder for the others.
5. Help us spread the word on social media. Feel free to tweet, share using the #WATWB hashtag to help us trend! Tweets, Facebook shares, Pins, Instagram, G+ shares using the #WATWB hashtag through the month most welcome.
We’ll try and follow and share all those who post on the #WATWB hashtag, and we encourage you to do the same.
Have your followers click Here to enter their link and join us!
Bigger the #WATWB group each month, more the joy!