We Are The World Blogfest – In Darkness, Be Light.
I have shared about books here and now I share about donating books for a change.
A few youths have been inspired and are working to make India read. They are not just donating books but are teaching kids to read as well. Read about their selfless journey here.
‘Share A Book India Association’ (SABIA), an independent NGO, is using social media to exchange books. These books are then given to underprivileged children by a team of young volunteers.
“We do not just donate books but also make sure that children who are getting these can read,” says Srishti Parihar, Director & Co-founder, SABIA. “To develop children’s interest in reading, we invite them to participate in activities and in creating study material,” Parihar adds.
With more than 60 volunteers, they design programmes and workshops which focus majorly on comprehension skills and learning abilities.
Twitter – @ShareaBookIndia
Once again, here are the guidelines for #WATWB
1. Keep your post to Below 500 words, as much as possible.
2. Link to a human news story on your blog, one that shows love, humanity, and brotherhood. Paste in an excerpt and tell us why it touched you. The Link is important, because it actually makes us look through news to find the positive ones to post.
3. No story is too big or small, as long as it Goes Beyond religion and politics, into the core of humanity.
4. Place the WE ARE THE WORLD badge or banner on your Post and your Sidebar. Some of you have already done so, this is just a gentle reminder for the others.
5. Help us spread the word on social media. Feel free to tweet, share using the #WATWB hastag to help us trend!
Tweets, Facebook shares, Pins, Instagram, G+ shares using the #WATWB hashtag through the month most welcome. We’ll try and follow and share all those who post on the #WATWB hashtag, and we encourage you to do the same.
Want to join #WATWB? Then click here to enter your link and join us and spread the joy!
And once you’ve written your posts, please link them here: https://www.facebook.com/1340888285958297/posts/1956422147738238/