In this month’s story of #WATWB WE ARE THE WORLD BLOGFEST I am sharing the story of a young girl who is pursuing her dream against the odds. Her dedications brought people to her to the aid.
A determined 16-year-old footballer Mary Naidu, who despite having no permanent home, sports gear or ground to practice on, dreams to someday play for the country. She has been a part of the Mission 11 Million programme is a football initiative aimed towards taking the game to 12,000 schools in 37 cities across the country in search of the most talented children.
Mary said, “I was selected for the Mission 11 Million programme, through which I reached Delhi and had the honour of meeting our prime minister. He shook my hand and presented me with a football. I just love playing football. I am in Std X and next year I will choose a college which has a girl’s football team. I have been practicing football every single day without fail for at least two hours. This is far less time that I should be giving to it as I have my board exams coming up.”
She now has help and assistance to be the star player she wants to be. A number of people, including former MP Priya Dutt, with her NGO Nargis Dutt Foundation has supported her.
Doesn’t reading a wonderful story like this one just brighten your day? Share some more such tales with us. Join #WATWB each month.
Once again, here are the guidelines for #WATWB:
1. Keep your post to Below 500 words, as much as possible.
2. Link to a human news story on your blog, one that shows love, humanity, and brotherhood. Paste in an excerpt and tell us why it touched you. The Link is important because it actually makes us look through the news to find the positive ones to post.
3. No story is too big or small, as long as it Goes Beyond religion and politics, into the core of humanity.
4. Place the WE ARE THE WORLD badge or banner in your Post and your Sidebar. Some of you have already done so, this is just a gentle reminder for the others.
- Help us spread the word on social media.Feel free to tweet, share using the #WATWB hashtag to help us trend!
Tweets, Facebook shares, Pins, Instagram, G+ shares using the #WATWB hashtag through the month most welcome. We’ll try and follow and share all those who post on the #WATWB hashtag, and we encourage you to do the same.
Have your followers click Here to enter their link and join us! Bigger the #WATWB group each month, more the joy!