The world can always do with some positive and hopeful news. For this month’s post of #WATWB In Darkness, Be Light I have the story of a school for orphan girls. This school born out of a sad incident is bringing love, light and education to many young girls.
Founded in 2000 by P Surendra, the owner of Rasmi Electronics Limited, London, in memory of his daughter Rasmi, who died in a road accident in London when she was 21 years old in 1993, the school is a boon to the girls.
The school, home to 250 girls from the poorest families, provides education, shelter and food for underprivileged girls free of cost. Apart from free education, the school also provides girls with free clothes and food. The school spends Rs 10,000 per child towards education apart from food and general maintenance of the child. Prema says the school has 12 teachers, including six lady teachers who reside in the school campus. Elder girls take care of the younger ones in the hostel and are asked to help in cooking.
For more details and helping these young girls go here: Rasmi Residential School for Girls
Once again, here are the guidelines for #WATWB
1. Keep your post to Below 500 words, as much as possible.
2. Link to a human news story on your blog, one that shows love, humanity, and brotherhood. Paste in an excerpt and tell us why it touched you. The Link is important, because it actually makes us look through news to find the positive ones to post.
3. No story is too big or small, as long as it Goes Beyond religion and politics, into the core of humanity.
4. Place the WE ARE THE WORLD badge or banner on your Post and your Sidebar. Some of you have already done so, this is just a gentle reminder for the others.
5. Help us spread the word on social media. Feel free to tweet, share using the #WATWB hashtag to help us trend!
Tweets, Facebook shares, Pins, Instagram, G+ shares using the #WATWB hashtag through the month most welcome. We’ll try and follow and share all those who post on the #WATWB hashtag, and we encourage you to do the same.
Have your followers click here to enter their link and join us! Bigger the #WATWB group each month, more the joy!