#WATWB ~ WE ARE THE WORLD BLOGFEST celebrates these the goodness and selflessness that surrounds us as against the negativity and angst most often seen on social media. Each month we spread love, light and positive stories to make this world a more positive and happier place. Today I share about Preethi and Soulfree – one woman’s journey to making a difference for all women with spinal injuries.
Let us flood social media with peace and love.
“In Darkness, Be Light.”
‘Soulfree‘ that aims to help people with severe disabilities, especially women to lead a life of dignity and purpose. Soulfree’s ultimate goal is to change this and provide a state of the art rehabilitation centre that will house women with severe disabilities that cannot be taken care of by their families as long as they need it.
Soulfree also provides training and skills to ensure that they can use whatever faculties they have to become financially independent. For example, voice-based jobs for those who can only use their voice productively – dubbing artists, audio books, advertising.
How you can help – Click here.
The last Friday of every month bloggers will share their stories led by six co-hosts, this month’s co-hosts are Peter Nena, Eric Lahti, Inderpreet Kaur Uppal, Roshan Radhakrishnan, Emerald Barnes and Lynn Hallbrooks
I hope you will join us and spread some cheer and light with WE ARE THE WORLD BLOGFEST
Here are guidelines for #WATWB:
1. Keep your post to Below 500 words, as much as possible.
2. Link to a human news story on your blog, one that shows love, humanity, and brotherhood. Paste in an excerpt and tell us why it touched you.
3. No story is too big or small, as long as it goes beyond religion and politics, into the core of humanity.
4. Place the WE ARE THE WORLD badge or banner on your Post and your Sidebar.
5. Help us spread the word on social media. Feel free to tweet, share and yell from the rooftops (ok, your neighbours might not appreciate that…so maybe no yelling) using the #WATWB hashtag to help us trend!
6. Tweets, Facebook shares, Pins, Instagram, G+ shares using the #WATWB hashtag through the month most welcome. We’ll try and follow and share all those who post on the #WATWB hashtag, and we encourage you to do the same.
7. Have your followers click Here to enter their link or your own #WATWB posts and join us! Bigger the #WATWB group each month, more the joy! WATWB now has a Facebook Page Please paste in your #WATWB posts in the comments. Please Like the page and invite your friends to join; we’ll be posting news items that touch the heart throughout the month. We also have a Pinterest Board, so you can pin your #WATWB posts here.