We have the most famous Shadow work, Smocking, Chanderi & Maheshwari, Baag prints, Leather and lots of variety in linen and curtains too.
5. Sayaji – The tried and tested place to be with its bowling alley, disco, and kebab joint. A bit over crowded though the Indian buffet is good.
6. KFC, Mc Donald’s, Pizza Hut etc – All the fast food joints are available on the main AB road Malls or MG road malls. Treasure Island, C2 mall, Malahar Mall, Pantaloons, Westside and Shopperstop to name a few.
7. Café – The café is the place for the college crowd but the food it totally great with lots of variety and good service. It is open till 2 am.
8. Nafees – Seems to have lost it chef who was famous for it mouth-watering cuisine of kebabs and tikkas.
I start with the simple stuff first…..
1. Balaji collection – The one stop shop for all your major shopping in Mhow. This one stocks everything, even those maheshwari saris and duppata’s for which one goes to the maheswar village. The shop is well stocked for the most popular Dohar sets and various types of double and single bed sheets. Sari’s, suits and material too is available in mind boggling variety.
2. Raj Kumar Mills 1 and 2 – These two also cater to similar stuff; do check out for more options still. One is in the beginning of the market the other towards the end.
3. Stitch well – Another shop with the same variety and choices. All three are opposite each other in the main market.
4. Shadow work –The most popular embroidery from Mhow, it’s widely available in various shops but two are most popular outlets. One can order the sari or suit even sheets of your choice with amazing designs.
a. Shobna Shadow work, Shop no 7, Signal vihar shopping complex.
c. Most of the shops in the main mhow market also retail lots of patterns and designs of shadow work.
6. Smocking dresses and night suits – Most of the cloth shops and Balchand at the beginning of the market.
7. Siddhi Vinak materials – The shop is a wholesale dealer and has lots of material from exports. The enterprising lady can get quite a bargain for curtains, sheets and home accessories. They also make stuff to order as per your requirements.
8. Abha collection – This is the place to go for designer blouses and saris, suits and lehngas from Bombay and Calcutta. She even keeps ready to fit blouses.
10. Christian Convent – This is also a much sought after place for exclusive embroidery designs, it’s near the Army Hospital. The stuff is expensive as well as takes time to be made, so order well in advance.
11. Global – This an outlet for really good western stuff, be it skirts, jeans, trousers, tops etc, etc. It is in the beginning of the market, Opposite ICICI Atm.
12. Soni Art Gallery – This is recommended by art lovers and those of you interested in painting can visit and place orders.
Hope it helps all my shopaholic friends;) because it made me feel good writing and just thinking about all the shopping I did. ENJOY!!
Thank you, Geetanjali and Manjul.
Great ma'am. It's awesome. Compliments.
But m surely not going to make Nilima read this.:-)
Very useful and informative mrs uppal