We Are The world Blogfest #WATWB is going from strength to strength and we appreciate all the shares and love it is generating. Each month we spread love, light and positive stories to make this world a more positive and happier place. In Darkness, Be Light is slowly but surely becoming a reality. #WATWB ~ WE ARE THE WORLD BLOGFEST celebrates the goodness and selflessness that surrounds us as against the negativity and angst most often seen on social media.
A wonderful initiative started in Gurugram, India is about sharing food for the needy and it works for all of us. Here’s to many more #AnyTimeFood drives.
“The community food project, titled Any Time Food (ATF), is the product of collaboration between Kadam, a social responsibility group of Fresco Apartments and Lioness Club Sampoorna, Suncity, Gurgaon.
The refrigerator is left at the main gate of the society and residents are encouraged to leave food packets for the needy. The food service is available 24×7.
Residents are also encouraged to pack and leave leftover or surplus food items from parties, get-togethers and other events so that they could be used to satiate the hunger pangs of the needy.
“This is a small step towards addressing the global problem of hunger and food waste management. Our community fridge will ensure that surplus food from 500 households of Fresco reaches the underprivileged, in a dignified manner, rather than going waste,” Amit Gupta, a member of Kadam, said.”
Know more here – Any Time Food
1. Keep your post to below 500 words, as much as possible.
2. All we ask is you link to a human news story on your blog on the last Friday of each month, one that shows love, humanity, and brotherhood. Something like this news, about a man who only fosters terminally ill children.
3. Join us on the last Friday of each month in sharing news that warms the cockles of our heart. No story is too big or small, as long as it goes beyond religion and politics, into the core of humanity.
4. Place the WE ARE THE WORLD Badge on your sidebar and help us spread the word on social media. Tweets, Facebook shares, G+ shares using the #WATWB hashtag through the month most welcome. More Blogfest signups mean more friends, love and light for all of us.
5. We’ll read and comment on each others’ posts, get to know each other better, and hopefully, make or renew some friendships with everyone who signs on as participants in the coming months.
If you’re tired of negativity and strife on blogs and social media, check out the We Are the World Blogfest! and add a link to your announcement posts. Please SIGN UP for WE ARE THE WORLD BLOGFEST in the linky list below: